Friday, February 24, 2012

Ruby Slippers

In my opinion, every girl needs a pair of classic red heels in her wardrobe. However my favourite Old Faithful red heels have been looking a little worse for wear lately - so much so that I had already mentally said goodbye to them and had put them with other old items in wardrobe ready to donate to the op shop/chuck. 

That was until, I saw this rather brilliant tutorial on how to fix ruined heels, and had a little brainwave of my own to breath fabulous new life into Old Faithfuls. I went one step further that the tutorial, and instead of just painting glitter on the heels of the shoe, I did the whole thing. Admittedly, my red shoes were a lot more worse for wear than the original shoes in the tutorial, and who doesn't secretly want a pair of red ruby slippers, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz?

Before:

After:

Creating ruby slippers/fixing my Old Faithfuls was actually easier than you think. All you need is:


  • glitter (to match your shoe colour)
  • glue (I used Mod Podge)
  • paintbrush
  • paper plate



Simply mix your glitter with the glue and paint on! It's actually that easy. Give your shoes a few coats, and try to keep the glitter glue as even as possible to avoid lumps and bumps. Mine did turn out a little bumpy but that was only because my heals were so hacked up to start with. Don't stress too much, because on your feet, no one will notice any little imperfections.


Ta-da! Now I have my very own ruby slippers. Now if I click my heels together three times and wish for my hearts desire do you think it will come true? Who knows, but Dorothy was certainly right about one thing: there's no place like home AND ruby slippers are super cute!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment